Monday, August 19, 2013

Billboard Loan Amortization

I have seen billboard loan amortization rates as short a 5 years and as long as 20 years.

5-7 year amortization is not unusual with bank or lease financing.  It is have for many small billboard companies to completely pay off their debt in 5 years.

10-20 years amortization is the norm for private financing.  I like to set amortization so that my loan has a weighted remaining life which is less than a borrower's land leases.  If a Borrower has land leases with an average weighted remaining life of 16 years then I am comfortable with 15 year amortization.

Regardless of the amortization (5 years, 10 years, 15 years or 20 years), I put a balloon maturity on loans at the end of five years.  This allows me to revisit terms and pricing if business risks change or if debt markets tighten and my financing gets more expensive.

9 comments:

  1. The gorgeous post learned a great deal Thanks greatly!
    https://smslanmedbetalningsanmarkning12.wordpress.com/om-vara-snabblan/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also visiting this site regularly, this web site is really nice and the users are genuinely sharing good thoughts.
    Google Website

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe-inspiring blogs, I love reading your articles.
    Yola website

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Thanks meant for sharing this type of satisfying opinion, written piece is fastidious, that’s why I’ve read it completely.
    Wordpress page

    ReplyDelete

  6. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    Financial Directory SG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous and totally enchanting, Cleverly constructed by the writer.
    https://www.paydayloansnow.co.uk/short-term-loans/

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s my first time to visit this site & I’m really surprised to see such impressive stuff out there. Loans Geeks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed... personal loans without credit check

    ReplyDelete