Friday, January 3, 2014

Lending Standards Are Easing - A Little

The federal reserve surveys senior bank credit officers four times a year about whether their lending standards are tightening, stable or easing.  Here's a table summarizing the trend in bank lending standards for small businesses over the past 10 years.  The table shows that after tightening during the three years of the recession (2007-2009) a few banks have begun to ease their lending standards.

Federal Reserve Survey of Bank Lending Practices

Date Tightened Stable Easing
Oct-13 3% 86% 11%
Oct-12 2% 89% 10%
Oct-11 2% 90% 8%
Oct-10 4% 86% 10%
Oct-09 14% 86% 0%
Oct-08 74% 26% 0%
Oct-07 10% 90% 0%
Oct-06 7% 85% 8%
Oct-05 0% 94% 6%
Oct-04 2% 78% 20%
Oct-03 0% 84% 16%

My experience reflects this trend.  I rely on bank lines of credit to finance my companies.  Credit was easy to obtain prior to 2007.  The world changed during the 2008 recession.  My banks almost doubled the cost of my lines of credit.  A couple of my banks ceased making new loans.  In the last year it has gotten easier to finance my lending companies.  I started doing business with a new bank.  My existing banks have been easier to work with.  My borrowing costs, however, are still higher than they were prior to the 2008 recession. 



3 comments:

  1. This blog is truly extraordinary in all aspects.
    Yola web page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good articles, Have you heard of LFDS (Le_Meridian Funding Service, Email: lfdsloans@outlook.com --WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740--lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com) is as USA/UK funding service they grant me loan of $95,000.00 to launch my business and I have been paying them annually for two years now and I still have 2 years left although I enjoy working with them because they are genuine Loan lender who can give you any kind of loan.

    ReplyDelete